About The Digital Culture Network
What is the Digital Culture Network, and what can it do for me?
The Digital Culture Network provides practical, on the ground help to the arts and culture sector around digital skills and leadership development. We can help you explore and harness the benefits of technology to achieve your goals, find new ways to reach and engage audiences, and develop sustainable business models.
- One-to-one support from a team of Tech Champions specialising in digital content, eCommerce, data analytics, social media, digital strategy, email marketing, ticketing and CRM, websites and search engine marketing.
- Practical workshops and webinars to improve skills and engage with peers.
- Signposting to resources and training from us and our partners
- Support with technology related funding opportunities
- National and regional training days delivered with technology partners.
Find out more
Where did the Digital Culture Network start from?
The Digital Culture Network is an initiative to increase the digital skills and capability of the arts and cultural sector; originating from one of the commitments from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Culture is Digital report. The report focuses on the use of digital technology to drive our cultural sector’s global status and the engagement and diversity of audiences. It recognises that there is scope for cultural organisations to develop digital skills, infrastructure and resources and leadership training, and that digital experiences are transforming how audiences engage with culture and are driving new forms of cultural participation and practice.
We launched in June 2019, following an initial 3-month pilot, with an investment of £1.1m over the two-year initiative.
Work so far
We’ve had an amazing first year. We’ve engaged with over 300 national portfolio organisations, as well as another 300 arts and cultural organisations across the country . We’ve delivered a number of training workshops and webinars. Check out our infographic to find out more.