About the Network
What is the Digital Culture Network, what can it do for me?
The Digital Culture Network provides practical, on the ground help to the arts and culture sector. Our focus is around digital skills and leadership development. We can help you:
- Explore and harness the benefits of technology to achieve your goals
- Find new ways to reach and engage audiences
- Develop sustainable business models.
We support you in different ways:
- One-to-one support from a team of Tech Champions specialising in digital content, eCommerce, data analytics, social media, digital strategy, email marketing, ticketing and CRM, websites and search engine marketing.
- Practical workshops and webinars to improve skills and engage with peers.
- Signposting to resources and training from us and our partners
- Support with technology related funding opportunities
- National and regional training days delivered with technology partners.
Where did the Digital Culture Network start from?
Launched in June 2019, the Digital Culture Network is an initiative to increase the digital skills and capability of the arts and cultural sector; originating from one of the commitments from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) Culture is Digital report. The report focuses on the use of digital technology to drive our cultural sector’s global status and the engagement and diversity of audiences. It recognises that there is scope for cultural organisations to develop digital skills, infrastructure and resources and leadership training, and that digital experiences are transforming how audiences engage with culture and are driving new forms of cultural participation and practice.
Work so far
Over our first year, we engaged with over 300 national portfolio organisations and another 300 arts and cultural organisations across the country. We delivered a number of training workshops and webinars. Read our news article to find out more or view our 1 Year Celebration infographic and summary PDF.
Evaluation of Arts Council England’s Digital Culture Network
The Digital Culture Network originated from a DCMS white paper ‘Culture is Digital’ recognising the need to support arts and cultural organisations to develop digital skills and utilise technology to achieve their digital ambitions.
This evaluation report reviews the set-up and the reach of the Digital Culture Network in the first two years.
The report concludes;
- The DCN achieved most of its KPIs for 2020/21 and has set up and delivered an effective and well-received programme in the space of less than two years.
- The DCN recruited skilled and knowledgeable Tech Champions from outside the sector, establishing the their core offer, systems, processes, branding and marketing. They have established partnerships and collaborations with tech organisations and Sector Support Organisations.
- The DCN has overachieved significantly with it’s delivery of one-to-one support and events, and received high user satisfaction scores, evidencing demand and high quality of service.
If you’d like to read the full report, please get in touch.